Frequently Asked Question
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) Questions
Q] Can I really Save Money?
A] After the inspection, which takes about one hour you will receive access to a report a day or so later. The report tells you what you have in place now and if you improved certain aspects that were found during the inspection you will save money... the report will also advise how much money you could approximately save !!
The report will also advise how you could help the environment and the impact those improvements would make to our world......
Sorry but we do not conduct OCDEA EPCs. (that is On Construction New Builds)
Home Condition Survey (HCS) Questions
Q] How long will it take at my home?
A] The inspection for the "Home Condition Survey" takes about 4 hours for a 3 bedroom property.
Q] Who will conduct the above inspections?
A] Barry Taplin is a fully qualified Home Surveyor and it is he that will conduct the inspection if within 25 miles of us here in Plumpton, if you are further a field we will contact out national team who will provide the inspection. We will deal with your HCS and domestic EPC commission from START to FINISH here at Property Assessor.
Q] What happens once a report has been commissioned?
- An inspection for the EPC / HCS will be carried out at a time convenient to you.
- The inspection will consist of the surveyor collating the internal measurement of the property, floor plans and notes of the individual characteristics of the property.
- Access to meters, boiler and any heating controls is necessary.
- If the loft space is accessible and safe the surveyor will go into the loft.
- Windows or doors to the external areas of the building might be opened to assess the thickness of the walls.
- Photographs of some appliances and parts of the building will be taken.
- The average time for an inspection will be approximately one/two hours for an Energy or SAVE Certificate... or up to 4 hours for a Home Condition Report/Survey depending the size of the property.
- Please note that no furnishing will need to be removed.
- If there are pets in the property they will need to be restrained.
- If an appointment is missed or access is denied and a return visit is required a fee will be levied.
- We cannot carry out inspections in properties where there are children under the age of 16 in sole charge.
Q] Do you cover my area?
A] We cover from Eastbourne to Worthing and Redhill to Brighton and all villages & towns in between at a time that suits you.
Q] How do I pay ?
A] Please see our Terms & Conditions page for further details.