Terms & Conditions
PAYMENT FOR the domestic EPC is on our arrival to conduct the assessment or in advance.
Payment is strictly 7 days from invoice date.
If payment for some reason was not paid at the time or in advance and still outstanding after 28 days from the date of inspection and where Property Assessor Consultants have also reminded client on three or more occasions, Property Assessor Consultants reserve the right to add interest on a daily basis until invoice is paid in full.
RIGHTS OF THE HOME INSPECTOR / SURVEYOR / ASSESSOR TO WITHDRAW FROM THE CONTRACT
The HI has the right to withdraw from the agreed contract if one or more of the following conditions apply:
1. If the property poses a threat to the HI health & safety beyond the normal domestic risks reasonable for a property in current residential occupation.
2. If access for the HI visual inspection is found to be restricted and if such restriction is likely, in their opinion, to have a material effect upon the completeness and/or accuracy of the HCR.
3. If electricity, gas (if provided) and water services are not fully connected and in working condition during the inspection (which include having a lamp in every room).
4. If any part of the property or the premises is a building site, unless the current building works are being managed by a contractor, who is competent in construction health & safety and who will be present throughout the duration of the inspection, ensuring compliance with the accepted safety rules.
5. If the property falls within the Statutory Limitations as per the Home Information Pack Regulations.
6. If the property falls within the Voluntary Limitations of properties as defined by the HI.
7. If for any reason the Assessor / Surveyor belives that his/her caperbilites may not be conducive in provding a report that they feel comfortable with regarding technical details.
It should be noted that if the withdrawal is due to something the Client or their agent’s could have prevented, then the HI reserves the right to charge a fee, pro rata, for the abortive work.
RIGHTS OF THE CLIENT TO WITHDRAW FROM THE CONTRACT
The client has the right to withdraw from the Contract at any point. Formal notice of withdrawal must be made in writing. Please be aware that you will be charged a cancellation fee for time and expenses incurred up to the point at which written notice of the cancellation has been received.
The Surveyor will hold personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act  and this information will not be used for any purposes other than the production of the HCR/EPC.
The following is a list of properties that do not require a Home Information Pack as per Home Information Pack Regulations  part 5 – Procedural Guidance.
1. a property marketed for sale without vacant possession
2. properties that are not primarily residential in their use
3. properties in dual use (simultaneously in both residential and non-residential use
4. properties converted or being converted to non-residential use
5. mixed sale properties i.e. a residential property is marketed for sale as ancillary to non-residential buildings or land or, a residential being marketed for sale together with agricultural land of 5 hectares or more
6. properties marketed for sale in a portfolio of properties
7. unsafe properties that are vacant, or is unsuitable for occupation, and poses a risk to health & safety
8. properties that are to be demolished.
The following is a list of properties / constructions type for which the Home Inspector voluntarily cannot currently produce a Home Condition Report.
1. listed buildings
2. cob construction
3. thatched roofed properties
4. post war system built homes, such as prefabricated reinforced concrete construction (PRC)
5. converted commercial buildings
6. pre 1975 timber framed buildings